The first mention of bridge on road to the west.
No bridge is shown on the Down Survey Map but ford annotated.
A new bridge built by Dodson, a contractor, for the Duke of Ormonde.
The road from Dublin to Chapelizod became Turnpike Road and bridge probably widened.
Chapelizod Bridge rebuilt.
Records from this year note the bridge is ‘superceded’ since the closure of the barracks.
Finnegan’s Wake, in which Chapelizod and Anna Livia are mentioned, is published.
Major grouting work carried out on bridge.
The bridge is renamed Anna Livia to commemorate the centenary of James Joyce (1882 – 1931).
The bridge is refurbished and strengthened.
Footpaths are cantilevered onto the bridge by Dublin County Council.