In the reign of King John a stone bridge crosses the River Liffey at Lucan.
Fearful of raids upon Dublin by Irish enemies and English rebels, Henry VI decrees two watch towers with two gates are to be made upon the bridge at Lucan.
Celebrated artist, botanist, and writer, Mary Delany paints an idyllic pastoral scene featuring Lucan Bridge. It is a pretty stone structure with three visible arches.
c1773 - 1775
Artist Thomas Roberts paints the Lucan Bridge. It appears as a six arch structure beside which men are quarrying for stone, apparently to be used in the repair of the bridge.
Lucan Bridge is reported as demolished by floods at Christmas.
A permanent wooden bridge is erected.
Lucan Bridge is, once again, a victim of Mother Nature, but is repaired.
A horse drawn cart crashes through the parapets of the wooden bridge of Lucan and plunges into the Liffey. The existing campaign for a new bridge gathers momentum, especially considering the heavy tax paid by bridge users.
The new Lucan Bridge opens in November and is reported shortly after as having suffered no damage following a traffic accident.
The date of the cast iron balustrades of Lucan Bridge.
The stone work is re-pointed, missing capping replaced and the balustrades painted.